Saturday, February 16, 2013

Letter dated 21Jan2013

[Dear family and friends, yesterday we received this very WARM letter from Spain as we bundled down preparing for our Arctic blast here in Michigan. It's great to hear Weston's enthusiasm through his letters! We hope that this note finds all of you WARM and HAPPY! If you want to send Weston a note, simply reply to this note and I will forward it to Weston! Stay warm! Weston's editor - BWS] Dear Family, I say there, what a wonderful time we´re all having now! I´m so excited to tell you all the things that have been happening in this Spain-Land-Place! Elder Wiggins and I had a legit week of miracles and blessings which is making me very excited for the upcoming weeks. Now I´ll shut up and keep talking, alrighty?! To begin, we had a fantastic day on Wednesday in which we seemed to end up in places that were being guided by someone else besides us (I´d say it was the Spirit, just so you know). By the end of the day we had 5 new investgators just from two visits, one of which was not even expected or planned. We had a visit cancel on us (which was the worst, but turned out to be super great!) and we went over to drop by our ward mission leader to have our weekly meeting. When we got there we met two friends of the family that we had never met before, one of which is David who is from here. Just to give you and image since I don´t have a camera yet to share pictures, he looks like a mix between Colin Ferrel and the Iron Giant man. He´s 20 years old and he told us that while he did not have much faith, he was willing and interested to learn more and experience for himself the things we can teach him. So far, we´ve taught him the lesson of the restoration and we´ve read Alma 32 and he came to church with the ward mission leader´s family and he loved the things he learned, and yes, he´s still progressing, but he´s working with us to gain his testimony and we´re working for the 2nd of February to be baptized. But that´s not the only great thing that happened! A boy friend of a less active lady is also growing his faith and it´s amazing to see that he´s changed already within the span of 2 weeks. He had been taught by some elders about 3-4 years ago but didn´t feel the spirit at the church, but he came and just loved everything that we learned and felt. Right now we are going to work and help him overcome and quit drinking but he has felt the spirit and we´re here to help him make this first step! We´re also working with Martí still and all three are working to gain more knowledge of the things of the gospel and we are so pumped to help them on the way! We had interviews last Friday as well, which was tight, and I got some great counsel from President Pace. He told me so much things that just got me excited for the future of the mission and, just so you all know, our baptismal goal for this year is 1000! A part of that goal is 20 baptisms every week! We are going to bless this country and bring so many blessings to so many people, it´s insane! I love it! He also invited to come to Terrassa to take us and some of our investigators to a baptism in Barcelona but the family we are teaching had other plans come up and we´re able to see that... but it´s so great that I have a president who loves to get in on the work and do what ever he can to help us reach our potential! Oh, and we ate at the Johnson's home again this Saturday and they made empanadas which were divine! Brother Johnson made a joke about how we have only baptized teenage girls recently and he challenged us to get some good priesthood holders for the ward, and now we have three who are progressing! Elder Wiggins thought that it was really funny that the very next day we saw things turn around! Oh, and the family that had three of the daughters who were baptized earlier in November, yeah, the family opened an Ecuatorian Bar, which means that they have better work now! We played pool with the older brother one day and it was really fun ^_^! Well, that was the week! Hope you didn´t die of boredom! I love you all ever so much more than ever before! Élder Xander Weston Schindler P.S. We have to go back, Kate... P.P.S. Just to reply to some of my friend´s comments, I´m still in Terrassa, but I was in Sabadell for intercambios (splits or changes or whatever it´s called in English). Also, I am back logged on letters now. I have so many people that I have to write and I´ve just been slacking, but I´ll get them to them all hopefully during February. Dad, let the people that asked me about that know that they are on the top of my list of people to write back! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment