Saturday, February 16, 2013

Letter dated 28Jan2013

[Dear friends and family, Here is Weston's letter that we received this morning. I appreciate all of your prayers for Weston and for all of our other wonderful missionaries. If you have a note you want me to pass along to Weston, simply reply to this note and I will make sure that Weston receives it. I hope everyone is safe and sound. We are enjoying our first snow day of the year! Weston's editor - BWS] Dear Family, We had a bit of a slower week compared to the previous one, but it was still a good week in total. We weren't able to have quite as many lessons, but the ones we did have were really good and I´m sure that we´ll be able to have a good week this week. Elder Wiggins was sick most of the week so we had to take it a bit easier but now he´s doing a lot better. We are also going to be having another Zone Enfoque [I think this is a zone conference - which would be a meeting of all of the missionaries in Weston's zone - which would be about 20 missionaries. BWS] this Wednesday so that should be really exciting. We are also excited for this Thursday, in which David will have his baptismal interview and everything looks good for this Saturday! He is actually a really funny kid. When we were explaining the Word of Wisdom [This is the health code of our church] he asked if it was against the Word of Wisdom to eat fruit. We were a bit confused, but he said it was because he never saw our ward mission leader´s family eat fruit before and we all laughed at it. He also participates in the discussions very well and very much. It´s so great and exciting, you can´t even believe! This last Saturday we had a Priesthood session in the Sabadell chapel but the meeting was a video conference and the audio was really, really bad. We had one investigator come with us and he fell asleep from time to time. I was tempted to do the same, but I stayed strong! It was good, just hard, to hear and pay attention. Also this past week, so that you know, I got the second Christmas package! I´m currently wearing my new socks and they feel so comfortable! I love them. The calender is incredible but I was disappointed that it had to get folded in order to get sent.. but it´s still great! I love you all too much to be able to express just how much that is! Élder Xander Weston Schindler P.S. In answer to Paulo at BYU, our mission ended up with a total of 487 baptisms in the year 2012. :) P.P.S. We have to go back, Kate...

No comments:

Post a Comment